Student Journalists Cover Events from History!
From the creators of the One Year Adventure Novel and Cover Story comes a new writing curriculum tailor-made to transform essay writing!
Byline turns students into time-traveling reporters who practice journalism in the forgotten corners of history. Under the video tutelage of Mr. S., editor of the fictional Metropolitan World, your cub reporter will learn more than just how to write a terrific paper. By studying the work of great journalists, students uncover techniques of persuasion and propaganda that are widely used in media today. As students enjoy their reporter’s journey, Byline is equipping them with essay-writing skills!
Byline – Yesterday’s News Today!
Language Arts Program
• Enjoyable essay writing
• Journalistic approach
• Intriguing historic events
• Readings from journalists of the past
• Critical thinking
• Separating fact from interpretation
• Supporting research
• Taught by an award-winning writer
• No prep work required for teacher
• Class is taught for you through video
• Students write journalistic pieces inspired by historic events
• Self-motivating materials
• Step-by-step and easy-to-follow
Click the images below to see Sample Lessons, FAQs, Testimonies, and Licensing information. (The pages are also accessible via the main navigation under “Explore.”)